What is clinical psychology?
Psychology is the discipline that studies the behaviour, cognitive and affective processes of individuals in relation to the environment. Its aim is to observe, predict, prevent and treat mental disorders and illnesses, as well as emotional, behavioural and personality problems or disorders.
Our specialists in psychology offer health care to treat a huge range of difficulties and conflicts caused by medical diseases.
Which patients is it for?
Our Clinical Psychology Department is aimed at all those who feel discontent and/or suffering or have a problem that they do not know how to solve. However, anyone can benefit as it increases overall well-being and promotes freedom to make decisions.
Main conditions and diseases
We implement medical protocols tailored to the needs of each patient to manage and treat all types of psychological disorders:
- Generalised anxiety disorders
- Anxiety attacks, panic attacks, agoraphobia
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Depression, dysthymia, cyclothymia
- Psychosomatic disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders Specialisation in borderline personality disorder
- Pathological grief
- Adjustment disorder
- Enuresis and encopresis
- Moods: depressive and bipolar disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviour
- Workplace harassment
- Job dissatisfaction
- Relationship crises
Main diagnostic resources and technology
The psychology clinic works following the criteria of the DSM-5 or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the standard classification of mental disorders. The clinic also works with the ICD-10 or International Classification of Diseases, which not only analyses mental disorders, but all the diseases, disorders and conditions that exist.
Clinical psychology treatments are very extensive and diverse. This is because psychologists treat people, not diseases, so treatments vary from person to person.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Systemic Therapy
- Brief Therapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Training in Relaxation Techniques
- Reminiscence Therapy
Within the field of clinical psychology, there are different areas of study, distinguishing the following types of clinical psychology.
- Clinical-Community Psychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Adult Clinical Psychology
- Paediatric clinical psychology
Why come to our clinic?
Our professionals have the knowledge, training and resources to diagnose and treat all mental disorders. We provide a warm, professional service as well as personalised treatment tailored to the needs of each patient.