Vithas El Ejido Medical Centre
Vithas El Ejido Medical Centre offers a broad range of services consisting of the following specialities, including A&E, nursing, observation room (4 cubicles), women’s and children’s unit, ophthalmology unit, care unit for traffic injuries, physiotherapy, traumatology, and general surgery, among others.
- Paediatric Medicine
- General Surgery
- Family Medicine
- Care unit for traffic injuries
- Image diagnosis
Ophthalmology Unit, a reference in the province
The Ophthalmology Unit at Vithas El Ejido Medical Centreis a leading centre in the Almería province.
It has medical specialists in each of the following areas of ophthalmology:
- Refractive surgery (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, cataracts) section
- Cornea and keratoconus section
- Glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology section
- Retina, vitreous and uveitis section
- Paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus section
- Oculoplasty, orbit and lacrimal passages section
- Clinical optometry, contactology and low vision section
The Ophthalmology Unit gathers all the expertise of Dr Joaquín Fernández’s medical team, with a global focus on health care for both adults and children, caring for patients in the prevention and treatment of eye health.
In addition, the Vithas Almería Hospital complements the services offered in the Ophthalmology Unit with its surgical unit to ensure maximum patient safety as surgical procedures must be performed in hospital.
- VICTUS Femtosecond Laser
- VisuMax Femtosecond Laser
- CIRRUS high-resolution OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
- IOL MASTER optical interferometry biometry
- Radiodiagnostics unit for conventional scans
- Panoramic radiograph