Vithas Castellón Hospital
Vithas Castellón Hospital has established itself as a benchmark in private health care in Castellón. It has the most advanced technology for all its services and provides comprehensive, quality care to both doctors and patients. Most notable are its Oncology, Thoracic Surgery, Paediatric ICU, Cardiology and Perinatal Psychology units.
- Our hospital is equipped with 12 operating theatres, 36 outpatient consulting rooms (Outpatient Consulting Rooms opening hours: Monday to Sunday 9:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.), 8 stations in the adult ICU and 6 in the paediatric and neonatal ICU.
- We have 80 single beds distributed across four nursing units, all complete with a full bathroom, sofa bed for the companion, telephone, TV, Wi-Fi and safe deposit box. Our inpatient service is completed with 12 suites with a living room and office. All of them include an electronic key card system, which can be requested in Main Admissions.
- Other services designed to meet the needs of patients and their companions during their stay at our centre are: cafeteria, with uninterrupted opening hours between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.; meals for companions in the ward and from room service; and vending machines.
- The hospital has a chapel located on the first floor, next to the Cardiology Unit, where mass is held daily at 18:00 p.m. The priest is present in the hospital from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This medical speciality is concerned with the study of cellular lesions (alterations), tissues, organs, their structural and functional consequences and therefore their repercussions on the body.
- Diagnostic tests
- Biopsies, cytologies
- Immunohistochemical study
- Oestrogen and progesterone hormone receptors
The pharmacy services at Vithas Castellón Hospital aim for quality and safety as a tool for the continuous improvement of both the patient’s overall care and the patient’s environment. The hospital pharmacy offers care related to:
- Management of medicines and medical devices
- Dispensing medications in unit doses
- Pharmacotechnics: preparation and individual dispensation of magistral formulas
- Pharmaceutical care for outpatients: individualised medicine dispensing for outpatients
Vithas Castellón has a preoperative service for assessing surgical risk.
The preoperative service is available Monday to Friday mornings and is by appointment only, which can be requested either at the hospital itself or by telephone.
The report along with the tests performed can be collected at the hospital administration department within two business days after all exams have been conducted.
The assessment includes the following:
- Detailed medical history and patient examination.
- Conventional blood analytics (haemogram, leukocyte count, QUICKI Index, aPTT, urea and blood glucose)
- AP chest X-ray
- ASA surgical risk scale
The hospital has 12 surgical modules spread over two surgical wards. There are 6 operating theatres on each floor that encircle a central module. This innovative design allows surgical teams to provide an agile, quality service. There are also 2 delivery rooms and 4 dilation rooms.
Our operating theatres are equipped for the following surgical specialities: General and Digestive System Surgery, Orthopaedic and Traumatological Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Oncological Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Paediatric Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Dermatology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Otorhinolaryngology and Urology.
The hospital’s laboratory provides its own service, responding to the requests of all the hospital’s specialities. The laboratory is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any requests for inpatient and emergency analyses.
Opening hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Outpatients are treated in the laboratory facilities from Monday to Sunday between 8.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m., including holidays. Diagnostic test
- Laboratory Service, Microbiology and Special Tests: Clinical analyses, biochemistry, haemotherapy-haematology, microbiology-parasitology, coagulopathy unit.
- Prenatal test: Through its two laboratories, the hospital offers a prenatal screening test by means of a simple blood test that can detect possible chromosomal anomalies during the gestational period: aneuploidies in the Y, X, 21 (Down syndrome), 18 and 13 chromosomes, by measuring the relative amount of the foetus’ DNA in the maternal blood. This test can also determine the baby’s sex. It is indicated for women who are 10 weeks pregnant onwards.
- CT scanner
- Digital mammogram