What is neurology?
The Neurology Service studies the structure, function and development of the nervous system (central, peripheral and autonomous) and muscle system in normal and pathological state, using all clinical and instrumental techniques for study, diagnosis and treatment.
To this end, we offer all our inpatients and outpatients a service for prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of all diseases involving the central nervous system, the peripheral nervous system and the autonomic nervous system.
Which patients is it for?
Neurologists are health professionals who treat and diagnose patients of all ages with diseases involving the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system, so the treated conditions are many and very diverse.
Main conditions and diseases
- Headaches: Migraine and tension headache
- Dizziness and unconsciousness
- Cognitive impairment and dementia
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Autoimmune neurological diseases
- Post-Covid neurological disorders
Main diagnostic resources and technology
- Neuropsychological studies
- EMG guide for botulinum toxin
- Neuroimaging studies with MRI (1.5 T and 3 T), CT scan (64 slice) and cerebral arteriograms
- Electromyography study
- Botox-botulinum toxin with the following indications:
- Postictal spasticity
- Hemifacial spasm
- Abnormal susceptible movements
Areas of specialisation
- Refractory migraines
- Drug-resistant epilepsy
The Vithas Neurology Department cares for patients by performing diagnosis and treatment for all types of conditions. We also offer video teleconsultations.
Why come to our clinic?
We offer personalised care and a multidisciplinary approach, with smooth contact and coordinated with specialities such as clinical neurophysiology, sleep unit, neuroradiology, cardiology, ophthalmology and ENT.